Monday, September 1, 2008

Tile is great....oh wait that's not part of the tile

I love having tile now... well for the most part. I hear it is going to be cold on the feet in the winter and it is a little hard on the feet but for the most part I like it. It also means that I don't have to replace the carpet every x number of years. Our feet are getting a bit dirtier but I am trying to keep up on keeping it swept/dust mopped so to speak. I can feel when I haven't been doing it as well and it doesn't take to long to do it.

This was all great until I was mopping about a week ago and realized that the dark spots ect. in the tile wasn't part of the tile. Then of course I realized how dirty the tiles were around here and how many of them are dirty. There is a attachment for the steam cleaner that helps it do floors. So I am tacking a section at a time today with that first then mopping up a little better behind it. It will take a while but it should look a lot better over the next day or two.

Also Samantha has been bugging me to get up her canopy around her bed from her Grandmother. I finally got it up today. It looks nice especially with the day bed. She seems to be happy with it so far.

3 comments:

Sandi said...

Where are the pictures of Samantha with her bed and you mopping? I had to us Clorox Clean up on my floor because the grout was so gross.

Unknown said...

Hey, John, that's one things I sure noticed when we moved to New York and were dealing with that big house full of hardwood floors. I'd never had to check the bottoms of my feet before I climbed in bed before to make sure I wasn't pulling a piece of lint (or worse, dog hair) into the sheets with me...But we sure loved not having carpets. It's a matter of acquired taste, I guess.

Jenkins Power Company said...

I will have to take a pic tonight and post it of Sam on her bed.