Monday, September 15, 2008

Honey do...when I am the Honey

Ok, it was a handyman weekend.
Saturday - Looked into the vibrating garbage disposal. Replaced the catch in the sink of the kitchen as well as it was starting to not look good. Both weren't bad but they weren't fun either. I was a happy camper either with the kids getting along as they usually do trying to put away a box of toys in Sam's room.

I borrowed a drill from Grandma and finally got the towel rack put up in the kids bathroom. Along with a replacement toilet paper holder and a hand towel rack. It now matches the rest of the forest green paint in the bathroom as these are oak and blend in well. The kids I am sure are much happier about having a towel within reach vs being up on top of the shower curtain rod.

Sunday - After buying a recipe book for freezer meals and making 2 of the 3 meals I found that sounded good. The third was being crockpotted so that I get to make it tonight for later this week. I was tired enought that I had to lay down for a nap. When the kids woke me from my slumber on the counch I found that I was still tired and they had been cooped up to much. So we were going to try for the bike ride again.

I had two flat tires last time so it was canceled last week. I looked at the front tube and discovered that the holes were bad enough that the slime would work. So I found my spare tube and put that on the front. Then I looked at the back tire. The valve was toast so it was back to see if I have another spare tube. I did but it wouldn't work on the rims that I had on the bike at the time. So I swapped the tube on the front to the one on the back. Then I drug out the other set of wheels that I have and put one of those on the front with a different type of tube. That worked. Whew.

So I wanted to explore the neighborhood and see what was around. I knew I had a greenbelt behind the house and that there were sidewalks behind some of the houses as well. WOW. Was I shocked.. There is a ton of area where the green belts are behind the houses. We ended up taking about a 45 min ride around and the kids had fun as well. It was nice enough outside as well to enjoy and the moon was full and looked great. We are going to have to do this again.

1 comment:

Sandi said...

Pictures, we want pictures.