Friday, April 24, 2009

Leave it to the Birds

Well we had a dove take up the nest that is out on the back porch. I didn't think to much off it. She just looked at us as we went in and out. About a week ago I finally confirmed that the did lay some eggs and that they did hatch. The young ones were so quiet that we didn't hear them. They were already big enough that this week the mother left the nest a couple of time. The next thing we knew the nest was empty.

I also have a bell shaped thing of bird seed that we have hung out there as well, along with a humming bird feeder. Well the bell is mostly gone and I though I would replace it with a regular bird feeder, especially one that more than one bird could be on... ya know pecking order(grins). So Grandma Bess had purchased on and given it to us. I put it out yesterday. At one point when I looked there were about 12 birds feeding on or around it, mostly sparrows. I also saw a couple of doves again on the ground. So looks like for now were are a popular place with the birds.