Friday, August 29, 2008

It was stormy night

Well funny story now...not so funny when it happened.

Basically had another windy storm last night out here and it was blowing stuff around in the back yard. So I went out back to move some stuff inside for now. Now I though that I had the sliding patio door unlocked and went out the master bedroom door and forgot that it is locked. So I go out to the back patio in just shorts and close the door and then find out that the sliding patio door is locked and the other door inside is locked. I don't have my keys on me at the time either to get back in.

So here I am with the wind blowing really hard and it sprinkling a little as well and no way back inside the house. So I go to the side of the house where the kids rooms are and knock really hard on the windows. Nothing... so I make my way to the front of the house and try the door bell for a couple of minutes. Nothing. I am starting to wonder about my kids not waking up. I have another key to the house with the kids grandmother and can call if needed. So I went back and banged on the kids rooms windows for a little while long and finally got a rather freaked out and frightened Timmy. He went to the front door and let me in. Needless to say it took him a while to calm down and finally went to sleep on the couch.

Not to mention that while I was out front I discovered something. The big tree in the front yard had blown down as well. Thankfully it went away from the house. The funny thing is that I was just talking to a friend about deep watering and if you don't that the roots will grow sideways vs down. Bad time to realize that lesson from the previous house owner.

Update: After talking to the tree service company it looks like I won't be able to save the tree. So now I just need to figure out how I am going to get it removed.

1 comment:

Sandi said...

I wish I had a picture of that. LOL